Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Feeling the Spirit of Community in Lakewood

So the majority of my Saturday mornings this summer will be spent at the Lakewood Farmers Market, selling delicious hemp baked (and no-bake) goods from Plant Kingdom Bakery. Spending so much time at the market has been a really great experience for me thus far. I’ve gotten the chance to meet a lot of wonderful people from the area, and it’s absolutely fantastic to talk with residents passing through.

Because most of my days are spent pent up in my living room, staring at a computer screen, the sunshine and conversation are certainly welcome changes. The best part, though, is seeing just how community-oriented Lakewood really is. There are so many wonderful programs and organizations in this city. From the LEAF Community to Art Walks; community gardens and urban farms to municipal pools, Lakewood really knows how to pull the neighborhood together and offer its residents wonderful opportunities to embrace collaborative spirit.

I’m hoping to have more great stories to tell about the community this summer, but for now I’ll just leave you with some photos from the market. Sorry for my relative absence as of late. This girl has been awfully busy!

Oh, and don't forget to visit us at the Lakewood Farmers Market! Every Saturday morning from 10:00am-1:00pm :)

[A few of the booths at the Market]

[easily the best coffee in Lakewood]

[Mmm. Delicious hemp goodies]








No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Share it here!