Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Music Roundup

For those of you that don’t know, I’m an incredibly big music lover. I do, however, get into the habit of listening to the same bands consistently. Thankfully, free services such as the gracious Pandora and some friends with really great taste introduce me to all kinds of goodness. Many times those songs become background music, or are things I’ve already heard and love. Every once in a while, however, something really jumps out at me. I wished to share with you all. Because I can. I’m not claiming that any of these bands/songs are new or “up and coming.” They are just some of the artists I’m really loving right now:

1. The Dandy Warhols

This was definitely a Pandora find. Much of these guys come up on my station, and I love every bit of it. Their songs are cool and catchy. It’s great work music for sure.



2. I Monster

As hipster-liscious as this video is, I really enjoy the song. It’s a bit different from the other songs I’ve caught of theirs, also on my station. I enjoy the edginess.



3. The Kooks

I don’t know what it is about this guy’s voice, but I really enjoy it. I really enjoy the song “Stormy Weather” as well, but unfortunately they don’t have a vid for that one yet…


4. The Airborne Toxic Event

These guys were a great find. The lead singer’s voice is very similar to that of a close friend, so there was a bit of nostalgia involved. Excellent storytelling, and I had a blast learning how to play the acoustic version.




5. Lady Gaga

Ha! I bet you weren’t expecting that. Unless you know me at all, which in case you should know that I’m all about the “Judas” video right now. I love its playful controversy, the costuming is great, and again I’m a sucker for a music video that tells a story. It’s catchy and I shamelessly watch this one at least once a day.




What are you listening to right now?

1 comment:

  1. Good list. Check out Soul Coughing, particularly "Lazy Bones" and "Circles."

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Share it here!