Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Apartment Therapy


So I got the keys to my place and I move my things in tomorrow. That's right. Tomorrow. It's still quite surreal to me, even now. Most of my things are packed. Unfortunately not all of my things are packed quite yet. I also have a final due today at 2pm. And an article to write. Why am I blogging, you ask? I'm not really sure. Procrastination is a killer.

Regardless, I wanted to share some photos of the space! I will be chronicling the revamping of my apartment on Buildipedia, and I hope that you come along for the ride!

I named this post "Apartment Therapy" because that's really what this space is going to be about. As mentioned previously on this blog, I have a lot of changes happening, and I'm in a place where I need to focus on me. This apartment is going to be 100% catered to my psychological well-being. I'm changing the verbiage. Bathroom? Not so-- "Bubble Bath Sanctuary." Bedroom? Not at all-- "Dressing Room." Kitchen will now be known as "Center of Creativity," and the living room will be the "Relaxation Nook." You may call me crazy (and probably be right), but these are the little things that will transform my space into exactly what it needs to be. And transformation is necessary.

I really love my apartment already, but in a "I can't wait to change you" kind of way. Whereas I cannot in any way change the people in my life, my space is entirely manipulable. It will be a love/hate dynamic at times, and it will not be easy. But it's the kind of relationship I need to be in. I'm also incredibly psyched to paint, sew, and create. It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but I'm ready. Bring it.

[Chairs that my landlord apparently is giving to me inside the relaxation nook. Yay for extra seating (that will be hidden in a closet until needed).]



[Shot of the Bubble Bath Sanctuary. I'm enjoying the cute pedestal sink.]


[Where said bubble baths will be taking place.]


[This is a shot of the hallway, between the "Center of Creativity" and the "Bubble Bath Sanctuary." I'm likely going to be putting up a curtain and making it storage.]


[Where delicious dinners will be made.]

Stay tuned for updates and postings! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Share it here!