Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Adorable Adaptive Reuse: Sundress




Hello friends! I wanted to share with you the excitement of a recent project I finished. I mentioned it in a previous post about eco-friendly fashion decisions, but at that point the dress was not quite finished yet. The shirt had been properly adjusted, but the pieces had not yet been put together. Because I've been hard at work behind my sewing machine this weekend attempting to make my own shower curtain-- and the rain has actually broken, allowing for a little sunshine-- I figured it was the perfect opportunity to finish it up and make it wearable! I'm quite happy with the end result :)




Top: An old shirt I never much wore because the sleeves were kind of different. The fabric is super stretchy and comfortable, however. Cost: Free.

Skirt: A Goodwill find. I think I paid about $3 for it.

Belt: Also from Goodwill. It ran me a whopping $0.99.

Total Cost: $4.00. Not bad!

Now to get the full effect, the before and after:


I also took the time today to repaint the toes and fingers, just to add a little oomph! Now all I need is a nice glass of lemonade... and to finish that shower curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Share it here!